Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Do more than exist, LIVE!

It's very easy for me to get lost in laundry, dishes, preparing meals, work, Facebook, Pinterest, Draw Something, texting, more laundry, errands, maybe a nap, more meal preparation, etc!!  Just existing is SO EASY!!  Everyday duties, chores and lists CONSUME MY DAY!  Do you know what I'm talking about?  You know when you wake up in the morning and think to yourself, "I gotta get going!  I have SO much to do today"!  Then before you know it, it's time to start dinner and you don't remember eating breakfast and I don't think I stopped long enough to have lunch!  You know those kinds of days?

When I get lost in days like that I reflect and think to myself, "Did I encourage anyone today?  Did I spend time in prayer or stop long enough to get centered?  Did I ignore someone who was trying to communicate with me?  Did I forget to laugh or smile today?  Did my family get kisses and hugs today?  Did I pack a lunch for my husband?  Did my words "love" my husband before he stepped out to work?  Did I brush my teeth?  Did I put on deodorant?  Am I wearing moisturizer with SPF? 

When my days are blurred with busyness I JUST EXIST!  I become a rock in the middle of a field, useless!



When I choose to get centered and spend some away time with my Maker I find that in the midst of Mommy busyness is LIFE!  I stop and remember to smile, to encourage, to love and to LIVE!  When I choose to LIVE vs exist the birds sing in harmony, life is richer, the sky is clearer, the fragrance I give off is sweeter, my husband's kisses are more potent, my sons laughter is livelier, the woes of the world seem to be muted.  When I do more than exist I become a tree that gives life!  When I do more than exist I become someone who's core shines in and out of season!!



The LIFE I choose is just that, a CHOICE! 




Will you choose to exist or will you choose to LIVE!



The riches of LIFE are held in daily choices!  So choose well my friends!



Stephanie Lainez-Children's Book Author
www.hephzicreations.blogspot.com
www.mystoryhousebooks.com

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, please could you let me know the title and author of the book on wisdom that I recognize these blog titles to be inspired by. I read it years ago and am looking for it in kindle ebook format. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol B,
    These blog titles came from the book "Conquering an Enemy Called Average", by John Mason. Here are the rest:
    Fighting an enemy called average: DO MORE!

    Do more than exist, live.
    Do more than hear, listen.
    Do more than agree, cooperate.
    Do more than talk, communicate.
    Do more than grow, bloom.
    Do more than spend, invest.
    Do more than think, create.
    Do more than work, excel.
    Do more than share, give.
    Do more than decide, discern.
    Do more than consider, commit.
    Do more than forgive, forget.
    Do more than help, serve.
    Do more than coexist, reconcile.
    Do more than sing, worship.
    Do more than think, plan.
    Do more than dream, do.
    Do more than see, perceive.
    Do more than read, apply.
    Do more than receive, reciprocate.
    Do more than choose, focus.
    Do more than wish, believe.
    Do more than advise, help.
    Do more than speak, impart.
    Do more than encourage, inspire.
    Do more than add, multiply.
    Do more than change, improve.
    Do more than reach, stretch.
    Do more than ponder, pray.

    Be Blessed!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete